Thursday, November 20, 2008

My new sandbox

This weekend, Dad and Mom (mostly Dad) slaved away and built me a great new play area in our backyard. They hauled away rotten old railroad ties, pulled millions of tough little weeds out of the ground, cleaned up a bunch of old gravel, and put new edging and gravel down. The icing on the cake though, is they filled up the sandbox Bubbie and Papa gave me back in July for my first birthday.I am so excited. It's like my very own sand pit in our yard. Unfortunately, it's been cold here this week and now I'm sick. So I haven't put it to much use yet. As soon as I'm better and we aren't in the middle of a cold front, I'll be out there. To see some photos of my first time out there, click here.

I've also been walking a lot more - with my alligator toy and without - and surprised Mom the other day by crawling up onto a shelf.

Bubbe recorded some video of my moving and shaking the other week when she and Papa were in Austin. To see some of the fun we had, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way your new play area looks! The sandbox, cool edging, the table and chairs, and the statue all look perfect together. I hope you feel better soon and it warms up there so you can get out and play some more. Love, Bubbe