Tuesday, November 17, 2009

New, New, New

As usual, there's lots of new stuff every day here. I am saying more things, like "baa" when I pretend I'm a sheep, "sss" for snake, "rahhh" for bears and lions, and I am nodding my head "yes." I made up a funny elephant noise, too!

I am also communicating in other ways. Today when Mom asked if I wanted to go upstairs, I smiled sweetly, shook my head no, said, "Bye," and drove away in the car Bubbe and Papa gave me for my birthday. I've started saying no to Mom once in a while too. She may be the only Mom in the world that likes hearing her son say that word.

Another fun thing is lately I've started learning to recognize some letters. My favorites are M, O, and S, but I can also point out the letters that spell the name of my favorite magazine, Babybug, which was a great present from Uncle Daniel.

Hazel is also full of new tricks. Sunday she grew a tooth!!! Just in time for pie o'clock, Dad says. In the meantime, Hazel is eating lots of other yummy things - bananas, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, applesauce, oatmeal and rice cereal. She can't wait to see what's next on the menu. She is a very enthusiastic eater. She grabs the spoon and screams when Mom doesn't feed her fast enough.

And for those of you who were worried about it, we are in the process of getting our deck fixed! I hope you like this picture (above) of me having fun midair, jumping on it.

No comments: