Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Chanukah

Chanukah started Friday night, and Hazel and I are having a very fun Chanukah so far.

Friday night, we went to a Chanukah party at our friend Clark's house. It was great, because there were a lot of kids my age there. We started off by lighting the candles and saying traditional Chanukah prayers. Dad was very impressed that I knew what to do (like covering my eyes when the candles are lit) - looks like all of the parenting center visits are making an impression. Then we had a delicious dinner. There was even a kids' table for me to sit at. We ate latkes (not my favorite - I am not really a fan of potatoes - but I nibbled on one) and had some other really good food. After dinner, all of the kids retired to the playroom. Clark has a lot of cool toys - my favorite was his guitar. Hazel slept for most of the party. I was sad when it was time to leave, but Hazel and I both were pretty tired.

Another cool part of Chanukah is the menorah. When we brought out our menorah at home, Dad showed me how to put the candles in. I like making cool patterns with the different colors and it is very pretty when Dad lights it.

Chanukah presents are fun too. So far, we have gotten some really great presents. Aunt Laurie gave me a banjo, which reminds me a lot of the guitar I played with at Clark's. I've been playing with the banjo a lot the past few days. Grandma and Grandpa gave Hazel and me some bean bags, and Mom Mom and Pop gave Hazel some baby beads that are shaped like vehicles. Mom and Dad gave Hazel a cool alarm clock and gave me some magic markers and a watch. We are having loads of fun with our new toys and I am glad to know what time it is.

Dad was away this weekend and Mom was sick, so we had to find fun things to do around the house. Mom had to feed me, so she made pumpkin pancakes and let me help. I was of great assistance; Mom said it reminded her of the Little Critter books.

There are still 4 more nights of Chanukah left, so we'll have more to share later (Dad keeps talking about playing dreidel). In the meantime, here are pictures from this week's adventures.

1 comment:

Aunt Laurie said...

Hi Mitch,

I'm glad you like your banjo.. Hope Mom and Dad enjoy your music too! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Give Hazel and your parents big hugs and kisses from us! We love you!!

Love,
Aunt Laurie (and Uncle Jonathan)