Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A fun 4th of July

Happy 4th of July everyone! We had a fun holiday weekend. Dad was off work for four days in a row, so we got to do lots of fun stuff.

We started the weekend by going to my friend Benjamin's third birthday party. It was at the Austin Children's Museum. They had a new exhibit there that had a bunch of really big games. A chess board with pieces as big as me, a checkers board with huge pieces, lots of number magnets to play Sudoku, and a giant Connect Four game. Dad was pretty excited about it. I looked around a bit, but was more excited about riding in the elevator. Hazel had a good time crawling around in the baby area, my old stomping grounds. Unfortunately, Mom and Dad forgot the camera.

Last week, I made a fun fireworks shirt at school that was red, white, and blue, and I was excited to get to wear it on the 4th of July. I loved telling Dad what colors my shirt was. For the fourth of July, we want to a party at our friend Prabhakar's house. Prabhakar and his wife just had a baby a few months ago, so we were happy to meet Lakshmi, and Mom was excited to see lots of old friends. Dad stayed pretty busy chasing me around the house, keeping me out of trouble, and found that with Hazel in tow, it was easy for him to make lots of new friends.

It has been pretty hot here, but Grandma sent us a fun new present that makes me look forward to the hot days -- a new sprinkler! Mom put it out in the yard and we ran around and played in it. I really liked filling my duck water can and dump trunk with water and trying to touch the flowers that were spraying water. Mom was glad that we could have so much fun in our own yard. Hazel was napping while we were playing with it today, but hopefully she'll have a chance to play with it next week.

Mom made burritos for dinner tonight. They were delicious. Hazel got them all over her face and Dad said she looked like a hobo. Mom took some good pictures of her smiling and showing off her teeth. She has five teeth now, with one or two more well on their way, and can eat almost everything we can. Peepa, who thoughtfully picks up any food Hazel drops, is glad that Hazel is eating so many more foods.

You can see pictures of our exciting holiday weekend here.

No comments: