Saturday, November 6, 2010

Trick or treat!

We've had a busy few weeks around here. After Grandma left, Mom's friend Sarah and her friend Jen came to visit. We had a great time catching up with them and eating at lots of fun restaurants around town -- Central Market, where we got to play on the playground, Huts, and Austin Java.


Then we all got sick. We had fevers and were just generally under the weather. Hazel and I bounced back pretty fast but Mom ended up with a nasty sinus infection. It all really messed our Halloween weekend up. We missed Dad's work party, my school party, and a trip to Six Flags last weekend. Luckily we still had a few chances to dress up. We donned our costumes twice for free food at one of Dad's favorite haunts, Freebirds.

Sunday I carved a new jack-o-lantern with Dad and we headed out for trick-or-treating. I dressed up as a duck and Hazel dressed up as a bunny. Before we left, Dad and Mom coached me about what to say when people answered their doors. I had it down and was getting really good at yelling, "Trick or treat!" But when we went to the first house, they asked me what to say and I yelled, "Candy!" Everyone laughed, but it got the job done. By the next house I remembered to say "Trick or treat," and Hazel was really great at it too. We LOVED eating the candy. My favorite part of trick or treating was running up to the house and ranging the doorbell.  At some houses, I rang the doorbell over and over again.  Fortunately, we have very understanding neighbors.

This past week was pretty mellow in comparison, and we spent most of our time trying to get back to normal since being sick. After missing three days when I was sick, I headed back to school Monday. I was very happy to see my friends and teachers. Hazel went back to her school Tuesday and they moved her up to a big girl classroom. She really loves it. They do a lot more there. She gets to go outside to play each time she goes and they do more crafts. She still goes about twice a week.

This weekend we made up for lost time and headed down to San Antonio for our postponed trip to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. It was great. I went on all my favorite rides: airplanes, fruit salad, a roller coaster, school bus, the big red cars, and a smaller car with a horn I liked to honk. Hazel came on some of the rides too and seemed to really enjoy them this time.  I climbed around on a pirate ship playscape and we watched a live Wiggles show. We all had a blast and are glad we didn't miss out on the chance to go since we missed it last weekend.

Click here for photos of our Halloween weekend, Six Flags, a trip to the park this week, and Hazel riding around in our laundry basket.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

Loved your Halloween pictures! You were a great duck and Hazel was a cute bunny, but your dad was a little scarey! It looked like the whole family had a great time at Six Flags--good thing everyone was finally healthy and the weather was nice. It looked like you made some new friends there with all of the Disney characters. Hazel didn't look too sure of them though. Love, Bubbe