Saturday, January 15, 2011

Animal planet!

For months and months, I was really into the alphabet. I didn't really want anything to do with things unless they had something to do with letters. The good news is, I am getting really good at reading as a result of this.

Anyway, in the past couple weeks I found a new interest -- facts about animals! All day, every day I ask Mom and Dad questions about various animals I have seen in my books. Some of my questions, for example, are what upland sandpipers say, what baby yaks are called, and where xenops live. I am especially excited about birds, including vultures.

We've been using the Internet a lot more than usual to look up facts about animals and probably have a zoo visit in our near future. In the meantime, we have been watching fun documentary videos on YouTube. Here's one of my favorites; it makes me laugh, yell and jump up and down.

Hazel, meanwhile, has been using more and more short (almost) sentences. Today she said, "Read bunny book," and she yells at Peepa a lot, when Peepa tries to mess with her food. Peepa is the only member of our family who has not figured out that it isn't smart to mess with Hazel when she's eating. She is pretty serious about food.

It's been cold and rainy here, plus Mom's been working a lot, so we haven't done much lately other than go to school. Hazel and I went to Leaps n Bounds one afternoon this week, which I was pretty excited about. Hazel went through a rough period where she cried a lot when Mom dropped her off, but she is doing a lot better now.

Otherwise, nothing's new! We're just trying to stay dry and warm.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

Mitch, I laughed too when I watched the video! Keep on learning all of those interesting facts. Love, Bubbe