Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hazel keeps getting bigger

 Hazel had a doctor's appointment today.  She is definitely getting bigger.  She weighs 23.1 lbs (10th percentile) is 32.75 inches tall (33rd percentile), and her head circumference is 45.3 cm (8th percentile).  The doctor said they are really happy with how she is doing. You can see her latest growth chart at the right side of the blog.

Hazel is testing out what it's like to be two a little early. Evidently she heard she's supposed to be terrible because she has started throwing little fits. She screams and lies on the ground. Mom usually lets her stay there until she is done. The other day the crossing guard at my school saw her lying on the sidewalk and said he thought she had fallen down.

Lots of people have been commenting on how musical Hazel is, including our rabbi. Every time we go someplace with music, she really dances. I've also been singing a lot lately, especially to my favorite guy, Neal Kassanoff and the Groundwork Music Orchestra. I have memorized all the songs' numbers on the CD so I can tell Mom what to play in the car. I sing the words to his songs when we play his music and sometimes when it's not even on.

One of my favorite songs is "Ride my giraffe." I told Mom I would like to ride a giraffe. Then Mom asked Hazel if she'd like to ride one too and she said she wants to ride a zebra.


When Mom asked us what we wanted to listen to the other day, Hazel surprised her by saying, "Bob Marley."

The other day I said, "Mommy's funny." She asked me why and I said, "Mommy's having problems." Mom asked me what they were and I said, "Mommy has two problems." But I didn't feel like telling Mom what they were.


We have spent some time with finger paint lately. It's a ton of fun. Make sure you check out our photos to see all the great things we've been creating.

No comments: