Friday, May 6, 2011

Soaring skyward

Rise & shine!
The other day, Turner woke me up from my nap. You can probably tell what I thought of that from the look on my face in this photo.

Yesterday Hazel spent the whole day at school and Mom took me and Turner to Brushy Creek Park. I had a nice picnic lunch before playing in the sand. Next I took my shoes, socks and pants off so I could play in the splash pad before spending some quiet time reading on a blanket in the shade. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon and I was having so much fun it gave Mom a chance to catch up on some important phone calls. Mom was glad we could be outside on such a beautiful day and Turner liked it too. Hazel had a great day at school.

Mitch (red shirt) in the Brushy Creek splash pad
Today was Soaring Skyward day at my school. We blew bubbles and flew kites outside with kids from other classes. Mom picked me up at my usual time and after we had lunch, we headed back to school to watch the Austin Police land a helicopter in our field. It was great. After they landed, we could look at it close up. I ran off with my awesome teacher, Miss Christy. She showed me her camera and I asked her if I could get in the helicopter. She wouldn't let me but it was fun anyway.

Mitch & Miss Christy
Mom and Dad are really proud of me because when Mom picked me up from school yesterday, my teachers were gushing over how good I am at reading. A teacher from another class came in when I was reading a book to them and couldn't believe it when they told her how old I am because I was reading so well.

No comments: