Friday, August 17, 2012

Hair and There


The day Oma left, Mom said it was time for Hazel and me to get a haircut. We headed to the mall and JC Penney, who’s offering free haircuts for kids in August.

Hazel was pretty scared when we first got there, but when she got in the chair and saw all the mirrors, she relaxed and thought it was fun. She really surprised the lady who cut her hair. When she learned Hazel was three, she didn’t think it would work out. But it did!

Hazel had been complaining about her hair in her face and Mom thought Hazel looked hot. So Mom told the hair lady to take it off her face. Hazel ended up with a pretty short haircut. She really likes it. She said it feels good. Mom and Dad say she looks like a pixie and that it looks like a cool summer haircut.

I was very brave about the whole thing. I asked the lady lots of questions. Before we went to the salon, I told Mom I wanted to keep my long, wild hair. Afterward, I told her I like it better short.

Click here for photos of us with our new haircuts and fun with a sprinkler ball Bubbe got Mitch for his birthday.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

Glad to see you enjoying the sprinkler ball I gave you. It was too rainy when I was there for you to play wth it. Hope you enjoy your new summer haircuts while it is so hot in Austin.

Love, Bubbe