Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Goodbye Grandpa!

On our way out of town, when we left Pennsylvania Monday, we stopped by Grandpa's work to say goodbye to him.

It was so fun! We met his assistant, saw his office, then looked at all his cool trucks and propane tanks. I climbed in a backhoe (or something like that) and learned that some tires are taller than me!

Our trip home was pretty uneventful. When we got to the airport, we walked through the security machine ourselves while Mom and Dad took off their shoes. When we got on the plane, we waved to the pilots and looked out the window so we could see our luggage being loaded on board. 

There were 40 empty seats on our plane, so we had a whole row to ourselves. Not only did we each have our own seat, there was one to spare. I played with my iPod, sang the "Star Spangled Banner," and took a nap. Hazel tried out four different seats. Turner screamed and slept for about an hour.

When we got back to Austin, Hazel and I helped Mom take the luggage and our car seats out to the sidewalk while Dad and Turner went to get the car. 

Although we're having a hard time adjusting to our regular schedule, a few cool things have happened since we came home. Yesterday we went to Costco to fill our empty fridge up with lots of veggies and some soup that Hazel loves. While we were shopping, I was singing the national anthem at the top of my lungs and a lady told Mom she was really impressed that I know all the words.

Last night at dinner, Turner was screaming because he wanted something to eat other than what he already had. Mom and Dad couldn't figure out what it was that he wanted. Then he stopped screaming, pointed at Mom's plate and said, "Ball." That was how Mom learned he wanted her tomatoes.

After dinner, we went upstairs and Mom told Turner she'd read him his favorite book, "Teeth Are Not for Biting." I told her I wanted to read it to him. When we got upstairs, I climbed in Turner's chair with him and read him and Mom two other books too, "Calm Down Time" and "Sharing Time." By the end of it, Hazel was listening too, and I told Mom I was trying to help teach Hazel how to behave. Mom was really proud of my reading and the fact that I wanted to hang out with Turner. I am a great big brother.

Tonight Mom nursed Turner for the last time. She's kind of sad about it, but says she needs to take some cold medicine.

No comments: