Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A bunch of future comedians



We all have come up with some funny things to make Mom and Dad laugh lately. 

Hazel and I have been busy using our imaginations. The other day, Mom couldn’t find the chocolate chips in the pantry. I told her the Anderson cats took them. Obviously, she had no idea what I was talking about, and I explained that the Anderson cats go into people’s homes at night and take things. When people can’t find things like chocolate chips, it is because the Anderson cats have taken them. Then Mom found the chocolate chips; they had just fallen behind something else. We still think the Anderson cats are up to no good, we just didn't catch them this time.

Tomorrow morning I am playing hooky from school so we can take a teacher-approved tour of a nearby bakery with our friends. I am so excited to tour the bakery, since baking is one of my favorite things. Tonight I realized I am also excited to miss school. I told Mom and Dad I like school but don’t like speech. Not only is it hard and boring, I said, it is also “a waste of my time.” I have never seen Mom and Dad laugh so hard. They didn’t cover it up very well. I also told them my speech teacher is trying to make me be perfect, and I am trying my hardest.

Hazel has been pretending she is in kindergarten and gymnastics class. She often tells us about her kindergarten and gymnastics friends and attempts great gymnastics feats in her bedroom and the living room. Recently, she told Mom and Dad that her kindergarten teacher gave her butterfly wings so she can fly up and catch birds.

She also, for a while now, has said we are “nakie babe-o” whenever we are naked before we get in the tub or into our pajamas at night. The other day she explained to Mom that “the nakie babe-os are nocturnal.”

Turner’s been singing a lot lately. He hums the tune to “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” and at the doctor’s office the other day, yelled, “EIEIO!” all of a sudden. He has a green bird he likes to carry around. I named him Guacamole because that is the color of his wings. Hazel got really mad and said, “NO! His name is Fred.” Mom said maybe his name is Fred and his nickname is Guacamole. Having recently learned about nicknames, we were happy with that compromise.

No comments: