Monday, February 3, 2014

Award Winner

The glitz and glamour of the award ceremony
I am now officially a recognized award winner in the field of science. Last week, my science fair project was selected as a winner out of more than 40 kindergarten entries in my elementary school's science fair.

I worked on the project with another friend in my class.  Our project involved melting crayons. We formulated our hypotheses by guessing which colors would melt faster. We each thought our favorite color would melt first. Our moms helped us actually melt the crayons. After three trials, we discovered that the darker colors did melt faster.

After the experiments, we put together a poster showing our experiment and its results. We had to glue pictures and write our names, and I helped Mom type up my information.

Mom and Dad were impressed with the experiment, but none of us ever expected to win! I got a medal to wear around school all day. Perhaps this will be the first of many awards in my future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm an impressed grandmother. I am so proud of you. I remember a project your dad did with colors of M&M's!

Love, Bubbe