Sunday, September 28, 2014

Mitch joined Cub Scouts

Besides school starting, I've been doing some other new things this year. One of them is joining Cub Scouts. I am now an official Tiger Cub. Dad came with me to the first few meetings, got excited, and now he's a Tiger Cub assistant den leader.

Our first meeting was a couple weeks ago. The topic was one of my favorite things -- maps! I got to draw a map of my neighborhood, learned how to use a compass, and studied the parts of a globe. That earned me two belt loops - Map & Compass and Geography.

In addition to the two belt loops, I also learned the Cub Scout Promise, the Law of the Pack, the salute, handshake, and motto. I practiced it all week with Dad and did enough to fulfill the Bobcat Badge requirements. I was bummed out to find out that we only have our den meetings every other week instead of every week.


Today was our second meeting. Since our first meeting, Dad and I bought our uniforms and Mom tirelessly sewed all of our patches on. We were excited to wear them to our den meeting. At today's meeting, we earned two new beads as we talked about our place in our family and each of our responsibilities. We even made a small family picture album. 

I'm really excited about all of the fun things we have planned this year for Cub Scouts!






No comments: