Thursday, June 18, 2015

I loved Cub Scout Camp!

Wow, we started the first week of summer off the right way!

I spent last week at Cub Scout camp. It was super fun. The best part was that Mom volunteered so she, Hazel, and Turner got to come too. Unfortunately, Turner and Mom got strep throat, so they all only came at the end of the week.

We did so many activities. There was archery, swimming, hiking, crafts, water slides, a water balloon battle, and even shooting BB guns. We built a stand for our Pinewood Derby cars out of wood, and only one scout smashed his finger with a hammer. We also did lots of science activities.

One of the activities -- the squirt gun battle -- was so fun, we did it again at home Saturday morning, the day after camp was over. It was a blast, and we all were soaked. Even Mom.

Most of the kids at camp were nice. One of the den walkers was a man named Scott who really took me under his wing. He asked me and another boy who likes math as much as I do a whole bunch of word problems. He also asked us random facts like country capitals, which is one of my specialties.

Thursday was my favorite day because we spent two hours swimming at a place called Rock'n River. There was a pool with a huge water slide. My den walkers tried to convince me to go down the slide. I almost did but ended up deciding against it. My favorite part was the lazy river. It was a circle with a current. My buddy and I did the lazy river a few times.

Hazel in front of the archery
Friday, Mom, Turner and Hazel joined me for the fun. Mom walked with my den, and Hazel and Turner did the Tot Lot, which was where siblings went. They did most of the things we did, and they had a blast. Mom was happy to spend the day with me, and glad she had the chance to see what camp was all about and meet the people I spent the week with.

We had some extremely early mornings and long days, and it was an exhausting week, but this was a really great way to wrap up my first year of Scouts. At the end of the first day, I told Mom it was some of the most fun I've ever had. Friday afternoon I said I want to do it all again next summer.

No comments: