Thursday, September 24, 2009

Home from Atlanta

Since we have been back from Atlanta, Hazel and I have worked on perfecting the skills we picked up there.

While we were visiting Bubbe and Papa, Hazel discovered that she has feet. The very day we got home, she figured out how to get them in her mouth. Ever since then she has been spending a lot of time gnawing on them.

Hazel is still very talkative and started spending a little time in my old Jumperoo. She is also rolling around a lot more, still only from her back to her tummy, not from her tummy to her back. Today she spent an hour at about 5 a.m., her favorite time of day, flipping herself over onto her tummy. She kept getting stuck on her belly and she let Mom know about it every time until Mom finally pulled Hazel into bed with her. If you ask me, that's a pretty smart way to get some extra snuggles.

As for me, I got a lot of practice turning doorknobs in Atlanta, a fun trick I have been testing out since we got home. I first opened a door at home months ago but they Mitch-proofed the main doorknobs we use and I forgot to try out the rest. Now, no door goes unnoticed. It is fun to keep Mom and Dad on their toes with this.


I have been making a funny little monkey noise (ooh-ooh, aah-aah) and have been having a good time playing with my nose. Also, Hazel and I have been playing with each other more. I tried sharing my drink with her earlier this week. I have also been pretending more with my stuffed animals and my little kitchen. Yesterday I wiped my nose, then wiped my monkey's nose. It made everybody laugh.

We also had a few new experiences this week. I also got to try peanut butter for the first time the other day. It was okay. Mom and Dad were expecting a stronger reaction (love or hate), but I'm pretty neutral on the stuff. Peepa sure seems to like it though.

Last week was Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. There's a neat tradition in Judaism on Rosh Hashanah called Tashlich that consists of symbolically casting away sins by flinging bread into a stream or river. Since we couldn't get to a stream or river, we used our little pool outside in our yard. Mom and Dad's plan was to dump the pool and let the bread flow away with the water, but Peepa had other plans. After we cast away the pieces of bread, Peepa jumped into the pool and ate them. I'm not sure what the symbolism of that was, but it sure was funny.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

I'm glad to hear you and Hazel picked up some new tricks while you were here. It's always good to keep your mom and dad on their toes! You and Hazel will continue to have more fun together as she grows and does more things. You'll have to show her how to jump up and down like you do! Miss you all and hope you and your family have a happy and healthy year. Love, Bubbe