Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hello from Atlanta

Mom, Dad, Hazel, and I came to Atlanta to help my great-grandmother Millie celebrate her 90th birthday. What a fun and busy week it has been.

We left Austin last week and it was my first time getting my own seat on the plane. I celebrated by not napping at all on any of the flights, and making sure the flight attendants knew what I thought of their "no standing on the seat while landing" policy. When we got on the plane, Hazel let everyone know we were aboard each time we got on a plane by screaming as loud as she could. Once we got settled in, she stopped though. Mom and Dad said this was not our best airplane experience, but it seemed fun to me.

When we landed in Atlanta, Bubbe and Papa were there to greet us. We are staying with Bubbe and Papa, who have a pool, and we've been taking advantage of the nice weather to play outside a lot. Not only is there a pool and a lot of toys, but Bubbe and Papa also have a hose sprayer that is a lot of fun. My favorite thing to do in their yard is run around the outside of the pool, scaring Dad.

While we've been in Atlanta this week, we've gone to parks, to the zoo, to visit Bubbe's work place, and to the Atlanta Children's museum. I went to the Varsity twice and ate an entire double cheeseburger myself. We've spent a lot of time with Aunt Laurie and Uncle Jonathan, my cousins Ellie, Emily, and their families, and many of our family friends. It has been quite a week.

Friday, my cousin Ellie came over to play. Ellie is a few months older than me and lives in Arizona. It took us a little bit to warm up to each other, but soon we were playing like old friends. We danced, jumped and ran around screaming together. She was really fun.

Saturday night was Great-Grandma Millie's big birthday party. All of Millie's kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids were there (31 total!). Hazel and I did a great job posing for pictures and sitting through dinner even though it was past our bed times. I even danced a little bit to the awesome piano player.

We head back to Austin tomorrow, but we've sure had fun this week. You can see pictures (lots of them) from our week here, as well as this fun video of me and cousin Ellie dancing with each other.

2 comments:

Aunt Laurie said...

Hey Mitch, We had so much fun with you and Hazel(and your parents) this week! We miss you already! Take good care of your family, and we'll see you again in January!

We love you!!

Love,
Aunt Laurie and Uncle Jonathan

Christina said...

LOVE the varsity. Glad to see you're showing him the finer things in life. Did he have a frosted orange, too?