Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Aunt Laurie is married!!!

Over the weekend, we came to Atlanta because Aunt Laurie and Uncle Jonathan got married Sunday.

Friday was an exciting day because that was when we flew on an airplane. Hazel and I were not at our best, but neither were the other passengers who tried to boss Mommy around, or American Airlines, who broke the handle off our stroller. At least Hazel and I have a good excuse, since we're kids.

Once we arrived, things looked up. We were very excited to see Bubbe and Papa. Also, when we got to the house, we got to see something else that was very cool (in more ways than one, I guess) - snow and ice! I had a fun time playing in it Saturday morning.

Saturday and Sunday, Mom and Dad had to go to a rehearsal dinner and the wedding, so Hazel and I stayed home, but nice people stayed with us and Bubbe and Papa had loads of great toys for us to play with, so we had fun anyway. Dad and Mom say the wedding was gorgeous and fun, and we are all super excited for Aunt Laurie and Uncle Jonathan.

Monday Aunt Laurie, Uncle Jonathan, Aunt Susan and Uncle Stuart came to visit, then we went to see Great-Grandma Millie. It was nice to see everyone and Bubbe and Papa were happy to show us off. Great-Grandma Millie gave me a big kiss and told us how much Hazel looks like her. She said it is very nice how well we get along.

After our naps, we hopped back in the car, then met up with Aunt Laurie and Uncle Jonathan for dinner. I showed everyone how much I love Italian food by throwing spaghetti everywhere. Mom enjoyed my enthusiasm and Dad is still traumatized by my mess.

This morning we had the chance to visit Bubbe's office. Mom enjoyed the leftover wedding candy too much Monday night and pulled her crown out with a caramel so Bubbe's boss stuck it back on for us. Mom said it is a good thing for her that Bubbe is a dental hygenist. The office trip was fun for me - I had a good time brushing my teeth, riding up and down in a dental chair and playing with Legos. It was also nice to meet all the fun people Bubbe works with.

After that, we headed to the Atlanta Children's Museum. It was fantastic! There were so many awesome things for me to do, I didn't have the chance to get to everything I wanted to try. Mostly I liked playing with the pretend kitchen and a grocery truck. I drove the truck, ran up and down a ramp onto the truck, filled a grocery cart up with food and pushed it up a ramp onto the truck, and pushed baskets full of food down a conveyer belt. I also liked fishing in a water exhibit, putting balls in a tube that went up in a machine, playing with enormous Legos, and visiting with Curious George.

When we were hungry, we went to Papa's favorite restaurant, the Varsity, where I enjoyed an order of fries and a delicious cheeseburger.

After I rested for a little bit, Mom and Dad went to the movies and Bubbe and Papa took us to a place with lots of stuff to climb and jump on. To see all the fun we had, check out our pictures!

No comments: