Monday, April 26, 2010

Bye Bye Bubbe

We had a good time wrapping up Bubbe's trip last week. Monday we got to spend some quality time with Bubbe while Mom went to get some tires replaced, then we all went to Gymboree. After our naps, we went to celebrate Mom's birthday at a cool restaurant called Threadgills. Hazel gave everyone a laugh at dinner. We were feeding her tiny pieces of bread since she only has 2 teeth, but as soon as we turned our backs for a second, she grabbed a giant roll and started chomping away, as you can see in the picture.

Tuesday we had lunch with Dad at work, then took Bubbe to the airport. We were all sad to see her go.

As soon as Bubbe left town, nice weather rolled in so we spent lots of time outside last week. Sunday we celebrated our friend Clark's birthday with him. He had a party so great, a little horse even came to it. I didn't get a chance to ride it, but I was able to pet it. It was fun.

After that, we went to a big party at the Jewish Community Campus. We got there in time for the last five minutes, but made the most of it by climbing on their big playscape for a while. It was a beautiful day.

Today was not so fun because Hazel had to go to the doctor for her one-year well visit. They measured her and found that she now weighs 17.09.5 pounds (fifth percentile), is 28 1/2 inches long (25th percentile), and her head is 42.5 cm around.

Meanwhile, I have lots of new words. I've been saying Mitch and Hazel for a while, but now I can say my full first name, "Mickell." I've also been saying things like "Godzilla" and "noogle" (noodle). Mom taught me how to say Godzilla when Hazel knocks down towers I've been building with blocks she got for her birthday. That's a favorite.

Here are some pictures from Gymboree and other playtimes, and here is Hazel's latest growth chart.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

I miss you guys too! It sounds like you had a busy day yesterday. Hope you got some rest in today (Mom too!)I loved seeing pictures of you watering your tomato plants; they look like they are really growing. Save me some tomatoes! Speaking of growing, you must be taking good care of Hazel since she is also growing so much.
Love, Bubbe