Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy birthday Hazel!

Today was Hazel's birthday! She turned one today. To help celebrate, Bubbe came into town. We've had a really fun time. I've gotten really good at answering the questions "How old is Hazel today?" and "How old are you?"

Saturday, we went to Fuddrucker's for lunch, where I happily ate all of Mom and Dad's fries. I also sat in a booster chair, which is now my preferred method of seating at restaurants. Mom got me a pair of sunglasses, so I'll stop grabbing hers all of the time, and I have been wearing them everywhere. They were very popular at Fuddrucker's. Hazel has been doing a great job of drinking water out of cups and got to do that at lunch. Hazel and I also liked watching all of the other kids running around.

Bubbe noticed that Hazel's hair was getting long in the front, so she helped Mom give Hazel her first hair cut. It was only her bangs, but it looks really different. You can see her new look in the picture above.

I've been showing Bubbe how good I am at dressing myself. She's particularly impressed with my wearing multiple colored socks. Aside from my feet, I am quite creative with socks.

Monday is Mom's birthday, and as part of her birthday, she got a massage Saturday afternoon. While she was doing that, Bubbe and Dad took Hazel and me to Jungle Java. It's been rainy here, so I've been cooped up inside and had a ton of energy to burn off. I really had a good time at Jungle Java and impressed everyone by going down the big slide (on my belly). Saturday night, Bubbe stayed with us while Mom and Dad went out on a date. They seemed pretty excited.

Sunday morning, Dad and I went to soccer, where I am continually improving at kicking the ball. Then we all went out for Hazel's birthday lunch at Waterloo. We met my friends Clark and Benjamin, their parents, Clark's grandparents, and our friend Zhenya there. I had some delicious pancakes. Hazel had a great time and loved all the attention.

Sunday afternoon we took Bubbe and Dad to see the peacocks at Mayfield Park, which Mom, Hazel and I visited Wednesday afternoon during a nap strike. That day, I learned to make a cool peacock noise and saw them spread their feathers out. This time, Bubbe and Mom took a lot of pictures. We also took a short nature walk through a jungle.

Sunday evening we had another big birthday bash at home. Hazel got a cake (I helped blow out the candle), and a bunch of presents. She's enjoyed all of the new books and stuffed animals.

Next up: Mom's birthday tomorrow!

Here are pictures that Mom and Bubbe took this week.

No comments: