Monday, May 24, 2010

Hanging around

We have had a pretty busy couple of weeks since Grandma and Grandpa left. That first week we stayed busy with our usual things: we went to Gymboree and the park a few times. One day we were stuck at home and collected all the pillows we could find to build a gigantic pillow mountain. Hazel showed us how much she has been learning at Gymboree about climbing that day. She scampered straight to the middle of it. Nothing slows her down.

I have also been having a great time at school. I am really getting the hang of going there.

Last week was pretty exciting for Hazel. She threw up all over the place at Costco Monday afternoon and then ended up in the emergency room Tuesday night with a really high fever. Luckily it was just a virus and she is fine now, but it was a tough week. She didn't feel good and she and Mom were really tired so except for the days I went to school, we stayed home.

By Saturday, Hazel was better and Dad said we weren't staying home anymore anyway, and he took us to Tot Shabbat. Sunday morning Mom took us out to the park. Then in the afternoon we went to a pet store, where we saw guinea pigs, ferrets, mice, fish and turtles, then to Amy's Ice Cream. It was a great day.

I surprised Mom and Dad some more when I discovered how to get around all of their child-proofing. I started by opening all of the kitchen cabinets and Mom's computer desk, but I really got their attention when I figured out how to open the doors that had door-knob protectors on them. That meant I could go outside the front door when I wanted, and I could leave my room after bed time, which I did a few nights in a row. Unfortunately, Dad seems to have temporarily outsmarted me again. He and Mom put a gate in front of the front door (I still haven't figured out the gates...yet), and Dad replaced the door knob on my room with one that locks from the outside. I noticed right away and keep saying "door knob" whenever I walk by it.

In my spare time, I have been perfecting my computer skills. You might recall that Aunt Laurie and Uncle Jonathan gave me a little laptop for Hanukkah. It has loads of fun games on it. The ones I like best are alphabet and number games.

Here are some more photos from Grandma and Grandpa's visit.

Here are some photos of our last couple of weeks.

And, here's a video of me playing on my computer.

2 comments:

Aunt Laurie said...

Hazel, I'm so glad you're feeling better! I know you gave your mommy and daddy a big scare with that fever! Mitch, we are so glad you love your laptop - it looks like a lot more fun than ours! We love you!
Love,
Aunt Laurie and Uncle Jonathan

Bubbe said...

I wanted to jump right into those pillows with you and Hazel! That looked like so much fun. I was very impressed that you know your letters--you just keep getting smarter every day! Your mom and dad took some great pictures of you and Hazel--you're both so photogenic! Love, Bubbe