Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What has four teeth and is always hungry?

It's not what, but who -- Hazel!

Hazel has been eating like a maniac lately. The other night she ate for two hours straight. We think she must really be getting ready to grow. For now, in addition to growing a cute little buddha belly, she has also been growing teeth. She's now up to four -- the two she's had for a while in the bottom front and now two on top in the front. It's a good thing she has them, she is able to eat more things in time for her wild eating/growth spurt!

Mom and I have been under the weather. We must have caught Hazel's virus from the other week. Mom came down with it last Wednesday night and was better Monday and I came down with it Thursday and was better Tuesday. It was a real bummer and we are glad to be over it.

One thing that was good about being sick is Mom finally let me watch a little TV! We've been watching Sesame Street clips from the first season, which was in 1969, on Hulu. My favorite is Ernie singing about his Rubber Duckie, which I have seen before on Mom's computer, but I also like this one, which I call "Cows," and a series of clips that teach about numbers and end up with a man falling down some steps with a bunch of cakes. Now that I am excited about reading the alphabet and numbers, Sesame Street is right up my alley.

We are glad blueberries are in season. We made blueberry waffles one day but I couldn't wait for them to finish, so Mom gave me a bowlful while they were baking. This picture shows the result, along with my new hand gesture, "peace out."

1 comment:

Aunt Laurie said...

Glad everyone's feeling better! Hazel, I'm sure Bubbe is excited to see all those teeth you're getting! Mitch, love the blueberry fingers! We love you all and miss you!
Love,
Aunt Laurie and Uncle Jonathan