Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Experiencing the world

Mom says variety is the spice of life, so we have been trying to experience that lately.

Sunday night I had a night out on the town. Mom, Dad, and I went to visit some friends for dinner, and we brought my Pack N' Play with us. When it came time for bed, I just slept over at their house. When I woke up the next morning, I was back in my crib at our house. I don't know how it happened - magic, I guess. Mom and Dad said they woke me later that night and took me home, but I don't remember that. It was fun though, and since I slept so well, Mom and Dad think they will probably go out with me again. My first night out was a big success!

When I was little, I had lots of nice green clothes, which really spoke to the Irish in me. Mom liked it and called me her little green bean. Today I got to find out what she was talking about when Daddy surprised us by coming home to have lunch with us and fed me a couple of bowlfuls. At first I was surprised by the taste, but they grew on me pretty quickly. Green beans are so yummy! I can't wait to have more tomorrow.

This afternoon Mommy and I followed that up with another new experience. After I did tummy time, I was kind of grumpy, and Mom said it was time to get out of the house. I can't see out of my car seat in the stroller, which is what I usually ride in when we take a walk, and I'm still too little for our big stroller. Mom thought I'd enjoy looking around at the whole wide world while we took a walk though, so she put me in a little umbrella stroller. It's so small, just like me! Mom said it's almost like pushing a toy, and I fit in it perfectly. It's really close to the ground, and I can see everything as we walk down the street. There's so much going on! I love it! Mom is right - it is fun to do new things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! That's great that you can take him to dinner with you... must be nice to have a baby that can sleep anywhere ;)