Sunday, February 24, 2008

Trip to Houston

Today, I just finished my first overnight road-trip. It capped off a very exciting weekend.

The weekend began with me getting to try another new food for the first time. This time it was zucchini. It looked like florescent green goo, so at first glance, I wasn't too sure I would like it. But after I tried it, I decided it was the best thing I have ever eaten. Yum! I've already had it at three meals. Yum. Mom says some other types of squash are next - I hope they are as good as the zucchini.

Saturday morning, I had my final swim class. Dad swam around with me and we had a good time. I'm sad that its over, but Mom promised to take me swimming again soon so we can practice all that I've learned.

Then we all packed up the car and headed down to Houston to visit Mom's friends. They have a son who's about my age and we got along great. It was such a pretty weekend, that we all went to Memorial Park, where there were lots of runners and strollers and babies. We all had a nice snack while sitting outside watching the sun start to set. Then I went home and fell asleep at our friends' house. It was a late night for me; I got to stay up past my bedtime.

Sunday morning, we got up and had a nice breakfast with everyone and headed over to the Houston Zoo! Mom kept telling me about the monkeys, and how neat they were. Unfortunately, I fell asleep and missed them. But it was a nice day, and it was great to get a quality nap outside.

On our way back home from Houston, we made a special stop for Dad and grabbed some Krystal. It sure looked good, but Dad wouldn't share any with me. We got back to Austin pretty late, so that's two nights in a row I've gotten to stay up past my bedtime. I am quite the night owl.

You can see some pictures of the zucchini and our trip to Houston here.

3 comments:

Raggle said...

I officially hate your Daddy for making me have to Google Krystal, and then being subjected to the music on their website!!!!

Baby Mitch said...

You should see what he subjects Mom to.

Anonymous said...

Rachel, just be glad you don't have to eat the Krystal. Every time he comes home, the first stop from the airport is to a Krystal. While Mitch's Daddy is obsessed, the rest of us value our health! :) Hopefully Mitch develops better tastebuds! :)