Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pennsylvania came to me!

I had a pretty happy, busy week because Grandma and Uncle Daniel visited me. I was sad because Daddy wasn't here and I missed him, but we did lots of fun things and I am glad I got to see them. Mom says she had a good time too!

It was really fun showing Grandma and Uncle Daniel around Austin. We went to lots of yummy restaurants while they were here, and we went to South Congress Avenue, where we visited lots of interesting stores and Mom showed us where Dad asked her to marry him. I think that was a good move on his part. He has good taste.

Grandma and Grandpa got me lots of fun new books, and Grandma spent lots of time snuggling me and reading them to me, in between the nice songs she sang me. The weather was a little iffy most of this week, but we squeezed in some walks and even took Peepa and Matty to the park a few times. Uncle Daniel is really cool. He wouldn't change my pants, but he alerted Mom and Grandma when I needed help in that department. He is good at making funny noises and calling me Boop-a-Doop. He has nice fuzzy hair and says he will teach me how to use the Internet one day.

I had a great time showing Grandma and Uncle Daniel all the neat things I've learned since the last time they saw me, and I really hammed it up for them this week. I've been eating more adventurously, including spitting it out everywhere, sharing with Peepa and flinging my food from my spoon at Mom. I also worked my fourth bottom tooth out, which Mom finally was able to spot today. It really hurt me the past week, so I'm glad it's out. And I'm moving around a lot more. I'm rolling around more than ever, pushing myself in different directions with my arms, and I figured out how to push my knees off the ground this week. Mom says I look like I'm trying to do push-ups. I can't wait to show Daddy when he gets home tomorrow!

You can see pictures of our fun week here.

No comments: