Sunday, May 4, 2008

I hate my hat

I've had a pretty exciting week, full of discoveries. The other day Mom washed my Jumperoo and when she put it back together, I showed her I can turn around in it to play with the toys on the back. She was really surprised to see me do it, and now it's like I have two new toys!

This week I also learned what my least favorite food in the world is - brown rice with lentils. It is so gross. Dad tried to trick me into eating it by mixing it with my parsnips and carrots, but I'm too smart for that. At least I'm now able to wash stuff I don't like down with all the water I've been drinking from my sippy cup.

I also finally figured out how to pick up Cheerios with my finger and thumb. They aren't my favorite because I'm not crazy about anything I have to chew, so I've only eaten a few so far, but Mom and Dad are pretty excited.

Next Sunday Daddy is going on a work trip to Germany for a week, so we celebrated Mother's Day today by taking Mom to Kerbey Lane, a fun restaurant. It was really exciting for me because I got to sit in a high chair and eat my breakfast (oatmeal with milk and a banana) there. At first they didn't have a high chair for me, so Mom fed me while I sat on Dad's lap. Mom said I was a moving target and Dad's knee ended up with as much of my breakfast as I did. It was very fun, and Mom was happy to have a morning out with someone else serving her breakfast.

We continued our celebration in the afternoon by taking a walk to the park with Matty and Peepa. We found a cool tree, and while Matty collected all the burrs he could find, Peepa ran around and tired herself out. The sun was shining and Mom was worried I'd get sunburned so she kept trying to make me wear my hat. Every time we're outside she tries to make me wear it, and every time, I take it off. Here are some pictures of what I think of the hat.

No comments: