Sunday, August 17, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new

This weekend was out with the old, in with the new. Saturday I turned 13 months old, and it was our last day of nursing. Mom is a little sad, but she and Dad are proud of how big I'm getting.

Saturday afternoon, we visited some friends and their one-month-old baby. Mom and Dad forgot how different it was when I was that little. It made them really glad I can do all the cool things I can do now. Mom held the baby while Dad held me. For a second I was okay with it, but as soon as the baby cried, I realized I didn't like it. Mom said she never heard me cry so hard, and she gave the baby back right away. After a little bit, I calmed down and was back to my usual self. They say I have some work to do if I'm ever going to get a little brother or sister.

Later that day was more fun. We met some new friends, who have the same last name as ours, at a pool. Their family has three boys, who are bigger than I am - they are 4, 6 and 8 years old. After the pool, we went to their house for dinner, where I climbed up some steps, tried a Hawaiian sweet roll and surprised everyone with a diaper explosion. Mom and Dad had a good time watching the other kids and said it was fun imagining what it would be like to have three of me, but older. I was excited because I got to stay up a bit later than usual.

Today we celebrated the end of nursing by heading over to Kerbey Lane for breakfast. I was still kind of tired from being up later than usual Saturday, but it was fun anyway, and I was happy to have peach pancakes for breakfast.

We have had a lot more time to do fun things because I don't want to take a nap in the afternoon anymore. We've had a really good routine over the last few months with a morning and afternoon nap, but I don't want my routine to turn into a rut. Mom and Dad might get bored.

For some recent photos of my recent crib-chewing, bubble-blowing, teeth-brushing, rain-grabbing, pancake-eating adventures, click here. Note where Peepa is in the pictures of me in my highchair. That's her new favorite place.

1 comment:

Raggle said...

Picture 32/50 is so awesome. Mitch you know how to work the camera ;-)