Friday, August 15, 2008

Take that, crib!

Since Mom came home last week, we have been busy and I've expanded my culinary repertoire.

Last week we had red day, when I tried raspberries (YUCK!), cherries (delicious!) and applesauce with blueberries (yum). Then on Tuesday, we went to one of Mom's favorite restaurants, Kerbey Lane, with my friend Kanai and his mom. It turns out Tuesday is "Kids Eat Free Day," and I tried something fantastic - my very own raspberry pancakes! I can't believe how good they are. Since then, Mom made some pancakes with bananas, and they were good too. She also introduced me to things she eats, like vegetable stir fry, veggie yakisoba, and my favorite, macaroni and cheese, which she says played a major role in making her the woman she is today. I can see why - it is great! I plan to eat a lot more cherries, pancakes and macaroni and cheese. I've also begun eating avocado again, which makes Dad and Mom happy, since there aren't any other vegetables I'll touch (except to throw on the floor for Matty and Peepa) right now.

This Monday morning Mom and I were upstairs when we heard a weird noise. Mom got really excited and we ran outside, where she said she had something to show me - rain! It was like a shower outside! You know how I like anything that sprays, and I had a good time sticking my hand in it. Since we only had about five minutes to enjoy it before the rain went away as fast as it showed up, Mom was glad she took advantage of the opportunity and showed it to me. She said it seems like we may never see it again.

I've also been keeping Mom and Dad busy with additional Mitch-proofing. Now that I am crawling around and standing up, I can really get into a lot more stuff. This weekend, Dad installed a magnetic knife strip in the kitchen to keep all of the sharp knives out of my reach. He also installed locks on file cabinets. Mom and Dad keep moving things to higher shelves, but I'm going to keep growing - they can't keep this stuff away from me forever, plus I'm getting better at searching out the things they try to hide from me.

The other major thing that's new is going on in my mouth. The first molar I've been working on is coming out a little more, and three more are poking through! I'm getting better and better at brushing my teeth, and Dad said if I hurry up and push the teeth out, he'll give me some brisket to chew on. I can't wait to try it! In the meantime, I will just keep chewing on my crib when Mom puts me down for a nap. As you can see in this picture, I've been giving woodchucks a run for their money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mitch, Your a cute wood chuck! I am making rail covers to keep you safe.

Oma