Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hanging with Dad

Mom went out of town this weekend for a wedding, so Dad and I got to spend some quality time together. This is the longest I've been left alone with Dad, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Wow - what a great weekend we've had.

I woke up Friday morning to find Mom gone. What a surprise! But Dad took the day off work, and was happily there to greet me in the morning with a delicious breakfast of bananas and cereal. After some tooth brushing, playing, reading, and my morning nap, we were off to explore Austin.

We started by visiting our library and the very strange and scary statues. Then we visited one of Mom's favorite places, Amy's Ice Cream. They have a pretty fountain there and lots of cows. I've learned a lot about cows through my farm animal toys and books. From there we visited the 360 bridge, one of the most famous sites in Austin. We stopped to admire the view at Mount Bonnell, and then learned all about Texas at the Capitol. We were pretty pooped, but we stopped on the way home to visit our neighborhood sno-cone vendors. I took a long nap in the afternoon, and we had an uneventful evening.

Saturday, we went to one of my Dad's favorite places to eat, Freebirds Burritos. We met up with Dad's friend Jaime, who fed me lunch while Dad ate his burrito. I tried some new foods. Dad brought sweet potato french fries, which were yummy. He also gave me a bite of some of his burrito - a piece of lettuce and a very small piece of chicken. I like them both. Mostly though, I just ate cheese and some cereal puffs. It was a really good lunch.

As much fun as Dad and I have had this weekend, I am excited to see Mom again. Its more fun when we're all here together. I've posted pictures from my adventures with Dad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mitch, I loved all of your pictures, but I especially liked the one of you brushing your teeth! Keep up the good work; those new molars need lots of brushing! I was wondering who took all of those pictures of you and your dad. You must have met some nice people on your adventure. Love, Bubbe

Anonymous said...

I bet your mom really loved seeing all your adevendures with Dad. I was also wondering who took all the pictures of you and Dad! What a great idea!

Baby Mitch said...

Yup, Dad and I met a lot of new friends in order to get all of those pictures. People in Austin are very friendly!