Saturday, July 25, 2015

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!


Friday night Dad and I went with to the Round Rock Express baseball game.

It was a Cub Scout event, so we saw lots of my friends there as well. Dad and I had a good time watching the game. I was right on the left field railing when a ball came sailing toward me. Dad yelled "Watch out Mitch!" and then everyone else in our section yelled "Watch out Mitch!" Fortunately, it missed me by a few inches.

There was a teacher sitting in front of me, and she kept telling Dad how interesting I was. She kept asking me questions about roads, math, and other things that I like. It was a nice way to keep the game interesting.

After the game was over we watched a really great fireworks show. They had some different kinds of fireworks that even Dad had never seen before.

Then came the really interesting part. Once the fireworks were over, everyone started to leave. But the Cub Scouts got to stay! That's because we got to do an overnight campout inside the stadium!

First we brought down sleeping bags, blankets, and our stuff onto the field, and set up our camping areas. I ran all around the outfield, back and forth between the outfield walls. It was really fun to have such a large area to run around.

Then we all had pizza to eat. After eating a giant pretzel during the game, I wasn't even that hungry.

After pizza, we walked around the Fun Zone, looking at all the games, rides, and other activities. I told Dad I was too tired to do anything (after all, it was already after 11pm), but when I walked by the pool and saw all the kids swimming, I couldn't resist! I took off my shoes and shirt and jumped in. I swam around for about an hour, playing in the fountains, running between the pool and the hot tub, and floating on my back. Finally, after midnight, I was too tired to swim and we headed back down to the field.

They were showing a movie on the giant screen above the field - "The Sandlot" - which is about kids playing baseball. Dad and I watched the movie on the screen until we both fell asleep around 1am. 

We woke up around 6am and all got donuts and juice. Then we packed up and headed home. It was great fun, and a really neat baseball experience.


No comments: