Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I've been having lots of fun in Pennsylvania. I'm visiting my Grandma and Grandpa and the rest of my family for Thanksgiving. It has been a really fun week.

The trip down here was neat. This was already my 2nd time flying, but my first time on Southwest Airlines. The flight attendant gave me a really nice certificate with airline wings to commemorate the occasion. It more than made up for the fact that there wasn't a changing table on the plane, so Mom and Dad had to change me on the floor. Mom also won a Southwest Airline trivia contest. She's really smart. Grandma and Grandpa picked all of us from the airport in Baltimore and we had a nice drive to East Berlin, Pennsylvania. I was very well-behaved on both the flight, and more surprisngly to my parents, the drive.

Grandma and Grandpa's house is fun! They had a crib all set up in the room that Mom and Dad were staying in, so we all got to sleep together. That was neat. And, they have lots of cool toys. As soon as we got home, Uncle Daniel and Aunt Lauren were excited to play with me. Uncle Daniel taught me a how to play with a new toy. It is my favorite now. We don't know the name of it, but I can kick it while lying on my back, and the toy spins above my head and makes a fun noise when I kick it hard enough. I played with it all week and I really like it. Mom and Dad may try to take it home with us. Grandma and Grandpa have other toys too. There's one where I can grab soft cows that hang over me and play with them. And there's a johnny jump-up as well. I am learning so much on this trip! Grandma and Grandpa have a lot of grown-up games too. Mom and Dad have played lots of Sorry! (Mom won every time). They played Clue with Uncle Daniel, who was the murderer every game. They played Rummikub with Aunt Lauren and her friend Jonathan - Mom won that game too. Mom and Dad played Risk with Grandma. Mom and Grandma let Dad win that game, so he could at least win something this week.

Another thing that is neat about Grandma and Grandpa's house is they live in the country. Wednesday morning, Mom and Dad took me for a walk so I could see what it's like. We saw lots of horses and cows. The trees are even pretty here. At home they're green and brown, but here they are also gold and red.

Mom and Dad didn't bring my baby bath tub on this trip, so I got to try some new bath techniques. The first night, I took a bath in the kitchen sink. I was glad nobody tried to eat me. Later in the week, Mom and Dad went out on a date, so Grandma gave me a bath in the grown-up bath tub. She even took a bath with me. I loved it! Aunt Lauren helped and took a lot of fun pictures of bath time.

Thanksgiving was really great. A lot of family came over to Grandma and Grandpa's. I met my cousins Katie and Stephen and my 2nd cousin Luke, who is 2 months younger than me. It was nice to meet him, and I'm excited about having someone my age to play with at family events. I also met my cousins Mike and Lana, Molly, Uncle Stephen and Aunt Cindy, Aunt Jane, and my great-grandparents Mom-Mom and Pop. Everyone had a lot of yummy food, although as usual, only Mom shared with me.

On Sunday, Mom and Dad and I went over to Mom-Mom and Pop's house for dinner. It was wonderful to be able to spend time with them. Pop mentioned that I have the same initials, M.W., as my great-great-great grandfather, who used M.W. as his nickname, and he said that could be my nickname too. Pop seemed very proud.

You can see pictures of my Thanksgiving trip here.

No comments: