Sunday, April 27, 2008

Parsnips

Since we returned from Atlanta, I've had a lot of fun. Friday morning Mom and I started a fitness class with our friends Suzanne and Ellie. When we got there, we ran and walked. Then we joined the rest of the group and I watched Mom flap her arms around with weights and try to do some exercises to make her tummy flat. I enjoyed being outside on a beautiful morning and watching the other kids and moms, and I had a good time laughing at Mommy, who looked pretty funny. She says when I learn to count, I can count her sit-ups for her.

Saturday we walked to our neighborhood farmer and then we walked and ran again. This time, Dad, Peepa and Matty joined us. After that, we watched Dad trim a bush in our yard, and he found some interesting bright green lizards. It was like our own little backyard zoo!

Since the doctor said I can eat most things, I've been trying lots of new foods. Before we left for Atlanta, I tried yellow summer squash, by itself and mixed with zucchini. Bubbe had lots of that for me when I visited her. I'm also working on trying finger foods, so Mom gave me some pasta and bits of cheese. They are too little for me to pick up right now, but I'm plugging away at it.

Since we've been home Mom made me some cauliflower, which I prefer mixed with acorn squash, and tonight Dad, Mom and I all tried a new food - parsnips. Dad and Mom tried it by itself because they wanted to see what it tastes like, but my parsnips were mixed with carrots. While I didn't like carrots the first time I tried them, I loved the two together and couldn't get enough. Dad and Mom couldn't believe how much I ate! Today I also tried picking up some pieces of cereal that are kind of like Cheerios. They were okay, but I still need help getting them into my mouth.

Now that I'm nine months old, they tell me I'm too old for bottles. I haven't used them many times anyway, so it's not that big a deal, but it took a few tries to figure out how to use a sippy cup. Mom put some milk in one for me at the airport Thursday, and that did the trick. Since then, I've been drinking water in the cup every day. Dad tells me it's a good habit to get into since it'll be hot soon. It's important to stay hydrated!

Here are some pictures of me eating parsnips and drinking from my sippy cup and of our new lizard friends.

1 comment:

Raggle said...

Mmmmmm parsnips, my favourite. Did they roast them, before they mushed them up for you Mitch?