Sunday, February 22, 2009

Preparing for Peanut


Here's the grilled cheese video I promised you last week.

This weekend was pretty exciting because we are getting ready for the arrival of Peanut. The biggest deal was I moved to my big boy room! We had to make a few adjustments because I'm not ready to sleep in my big boy bed yet, and we had two twin beds set up in there. Mom and I went to Whole Foods Saturday, and when we came home, I was surprised to find Dad hard at work swapping my crib from the nursery with one of the beds in the big boy room.

When I first walked into the room and noticed one of the beds was gone, I looked around and then tried to sneak out by walking backwards, which Dad and Mom thought was pretty funny and cute. Once Dad moved the crib into the room, I slowly went in and spent some time reading and playing with all my toys. My first night in my new room started out a little rough, but after Mom laid down with me for a little bit, I calmed down and slept all night long. I spent more time playing and reading in there Sunday and my nap and second night went even better.

Otherwise, we've been spending our time preparing for Peanut in other ways. Dad's spending lots of quality time with me while Mom cooks and freezes loads of food so we won't go hungry when she has to spend all her time feeding Peanut. I've been doing my part by pretending my stuffed Curious George is my baby and pushing a little stroller around. Mom and Dad have started reading me books about what it's like to have a new baby sister and how to use a big boy potty. The potty concept seems kind of weird. I guess I'll figure that one out soon enough.

This weekend was also great because I got to eat lots of blueberries and we went to a party in honor of Daddy's hard work giving blood. He has given five gallons of blood. Mom says she doesn't understand how he's still walking around, and we are very proud of him.

No comments: