Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bubbe's visit

This week we had a special visitor. Bubbe came to visit from Atlanta. She and I had a really fun week. I got to spend a lot of quality time with her this week while Mom and Dad worked.

On Wednesday, she took me outside to play in the sandbox she gave me. It was the first time we've gotten to play there together, and I was happy to show Bubbe how to play in the sandbox. I also showed her how I can hit a ball off a tee with my bat and how fun it is to throw gravel and sand.

Wednesday night, Mom and Dad joined us for dinner at Hut's. I had a delicious grilled cheese sandwich. It was 2 for 1 burger night at Hut's so everyone else got burgers and we had extra for lunch the next day.

Thursday morning, Mom and Bubbe dropped me off at school. The teacher said what a wonderful kid I was in class. Bubbe was pretty impressed. On the way out, I showed her how good I am at working the water fountain, and how mad I get when I can't spend the rest of the day with it. In the afternoon, we went to the park and Bubbe chased me around the playground. She also gave me some new toys - a cell phone of my very own (so I'll stop stealing Dad's) and a firetruck that makes real siren noises. Bubbe said it kept making the siren noise on her plane ride down to Austin. She also gave me a doll that is supposed to get me ready for Peanut, but I found it pretty scary. Anytime someone brings it to me, I find someplace to hide. And she brought me some really fun new books! But my favorite new toy is a beach ball - I love throwing it around and chasing it at full speed, even though its almost as big as me. Bubbe also brought a present for Dad - some yummy Krystal's.

Friday, Bubbe and my parents and I all went to the parenting center for playing and Shabbat songs. It was really fun. They had a ball bath for the kids to play in, although I prefer to just pick up the balls and throw them. I really liked the songs - I even got up and started dancing and clapping to one of them. Mom had never seen me do that before. Friday afternoon, Mom, Bubbe and I went to Costco to pick up some groceries. They had some samples of macaroni and cheese that I LOVED. I ate so much that the woman passing out the samples eventually closed the sample booth to keep me from eating her entire stock, but by then I convinced Mom to get some to bring home with us. Friday night we had Rudy's for dinner - I love BBQ!

Saturday morning, Dad, Bubbe, and I took my wagon and went to visit Miguel. Miguel said I am getting very big. After my nap, Mom joined us and we all went to the Austin Botanical Garden. Mom and Dad had never been to the botanical garden before, so it was a treat for all of us. I liked all the space I had to run around, and I liked looking at the colorful flowers. They also had a cool waterfall and a dinosaur! Dad was nice enough to wear a hat for me to play with as well.

Saturday night, Mom and Dad went out on a date while Bubbe and I played with my new toys. Bubbe also showed me some new clothes that she got me. They included some very cute shirts and a few pairs of pajamas. She also brought me a cute shirt from Aunt Laurie. Just in time, because I'm really starting to grow out of my clothes.

Sunday, Bubbe had to go back to Atlanta. I really had a great time with her. Mom and Dad really appreciated having her around too. They got a well deserved break. In fact, Friday night they realized that they hadn't changed my diaper even once - Bubbe had handled all of my diaper changes for the entire day! It was sad that Bubbe had to leave, but she said she would be back in a couple of months, after Peanut is born. I can't wait!

Here are some pictures from our fun week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mitch, I had a wonderful time with you and your mom and dad. Thanks for taking such good care of me while I was there. You really helped keep me from being bored! I miss you and can't wait to see you and play with you again. Love, Bubbe