Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A natural artist

I did great at school again today. I no longer care at all when Mom leaves. When we got there, I just ran away from her and started playing.

Today was a very fun day. Finally it's Purim, which we've been anticipating for weeks, and to celebrate we dressed up in costumes and had a parade. I wore my shark suit from Halloween and we marched in the hallways all around the school. We got to see all the kids, who were also in costumes, from the other classrooms and teachers who were also dressed up and singing fun songs.

My teachers told Mom they can't believe how much I like art projects, especially at my age. Yesterday while I was fingerpainting at home with Mom, she thought the same thing. I did it for a really long time and was very interested and focused on it. Today at school I painted for 15 minutes - I made a castle picture and a crown - the two projects everyone did - and then went on to do an extra painting! My teacher gave it to Mom and said, "Look at this, it's a really nice piece of artwork!" Mom and Dad are happy to have their own little Picasso.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mitch, I think it's great that you're becoming so independent and enjoying your time at school. Tell Mom and Dad to save that artwork--it may be very valuable one day when you are a noted artist of your time! They can frame it and put it on the walls! Love, Bubbe

Anonymous said...

So, you wear costumes during Purim? I didn't know that.

Some quick internet research tells me your costume is in homage to a shark in the book of Esther? I really need to be more culturally literate.