Saturday, March 28, 2009

Learning about the world

I learned about a lot of new things this week. Wednesday, Mom was on the phone with Grandma and I was eating a nice snack when we started hearing a strange noise. Mom thought it was Peepa wreaking havoc in the living room, but it kept getting louder and faster and Peepa was just taking a nap, and finally she realized it was a crazy hail storm. Golf ball sized hail was pummeling our house and yard. In case you don't believe me, I posted a picture of it. It lasted about 10 minutes. After it was over, we went outside and I held one of them. I didn't like how cold it felt, so I threw it at our house.

In addition to learning about weird types of weather, I am learning all about a new color - pink. Our house is now full of it. The other night I came out of the bathroom, and this laundry basket was in our hallway. I've never seen so many clothes all the same color in my life. Mom and Dad say I will learn what this is all about in a week or two. All I know is Mom's tummy is getting really big and she's too tired to be much fun. I wonder if the two are connected somehow.

One of our doggies, Matty, has been sick for a long, long time, and Thursday he passed away. Mom and Dad are really sad. Our house sounds really weird without his barking, but I am keeping his spirit alive because he taught me my first word, "arf," which I make any time I see or think about a dog. We all really miss him a lot.

Today was a really nice day out, so Dad, Mom, Peepa and I went to the park. We hoped to get pictures with bluebonnets like last year, but they weren't there. We had a great day anyway. We ran around the park, looked at some ducks, Daddy played with me on a playscape and took me down a big slide, and we went to the sand pit. It was great. We all were exhausted by the end of the day.

Another thing that was interesting is I got to try out a new contraption - my monkey leash. I don't walk anymore. Instead I just run everywhere. Mom and Dad can't keep up with me and are afraid I'll run into traffic or something, so they got this monkey backpack for me so if I get away, they can quickly reel me in by grabbing the monkey's tail. Mom thinks it is a little weird, but Dad and I like it. Mom said if it keeps me from getting hit or lost, then it's worth it.

This week I proved I'm my dad's kid because I found that I love watching sports. First, we saw a guy playing basketball in his driveway the other day and I was so mesmerized Dad and Mom drug me away after staring at him for a while. Then when we were at the park today, I saw a group of people playing volleyball and was just as fascinated. Dad says I have perfect timing - I learned about basketball just in time for March Madness. He's pretty excited. Both my grandpas, who are also basketball fans, will probably be happy about it too.

Here are pictures of the hail storm, our trip to the park, and all our pink clothes.

3 comments:

Christina said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Matty.

Elizabeth said...

So sorry about Matty. It hurts so much to lose a furry companion. It's been almost a year for us, but it still feels odd only to have one dog.

Mom is looking beautifully pregnant though!

Raggle said...

Dear Scatty Matty, gone to the big kennel in the sky ;-(