Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A good big brother

Yesterday I made Mom and Dad really proud. Mom was trying to get me to go upstairs but I didn't want to because I was playing with my toys. Hazel was upstairs in her crib while I was finishing lunch. All of a sudden I heard a cry coming from the kitchen. I pointed in the direction of the sound, and Mom showed me that it was the baby monitor. Mom said we needed to go upstairs so we could help Hazel, and I went right away. When we got upstairs, I pointed to Hazel's room, and ran in to get her. When I got there, I ran to her crib and pointed at her. Then while Mom fed her lunch, I played with my toys and read some books. Mom and Dad are really proud that I am such an concerned and helpful big brother.

Overall I am adjusting pretty well to having a little sister, although I was a bit cranky at school yesterday. It could be worse though - Mom and Dad gave Hazel her first bath while I was in class. It sounds like she didn't like it very much. Here's a picture of her afterwards.

Mom, Dad, Hazel, and I took our first full family outing today (no Peepa though). We took a trip to the grocery store. We got to try out our new double stroller, which we now call the beast, aka the school bus. It worked out okay, but Mom and Dad need some more practice with it.

Tonight, our friend Lara brought over her son Clark for me to play with. Clark and I have always had fun playing together and it was especially good to see him now so that I could show off my new baby sister. Lara and Clark also brought us a delicious dinner which we all appreciated very much.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

Mitch, I am so proud of you for being such a good brother already. I hope that continues when Hazel is old enough to play with your toys! (But that will be a while) In the meantime, keep being good for your mom and dad and sleep a little longer than usual so they can get such sleep too! Love, Bubbe