Sunday, April 5, 2009

Shoes for my fast little feet

About two weeks ago, our friend Francois visited with us from California during SXSW, a big film/music/multimedia conference and event here in Austin. He was nice enough to make time in his busy schedule to have breakfast with me and Mom and to take this picture of us. It was fun seeing him and we hope he comes back soon!

Today Dad had to fix the ceiling fan in my room so Mom and I split the scene. We went to some nearby shopping outlets so I could find some new shoes for summer. I went up a size and a half - a 6 and a half wide! - since we last got shoes, which really wasn't that long ago. Mom was shocked. She doesn't always believe how fast I am growing. Anyway, now I have some nice new sandals that will be cool in the hot weather and big enough for my giant feet.

Mom and Dad are getting ready to have my new sister, and tonight they went out for a last hurrah. Our nice neighbor, Candace, stayed with me. It was great. She and her son Jared gave me delicious watermelon and we had a great time playing. I showed her my toys, books and how fast I can run. She told Mom and Dad it was good they warned her to keep the gates by the stairs closed at all times because I am so speedy, I got away from her once.

My teachers at school also keep telling Mom I've been very sneaky lately. Every time I'm there we spend some time playing outside, where they have an area for kids my age as well as another area and playscape for bigger kids. I really want to play on the big playscape and I keep trying to slip over there when they aren't looking. Maybe one day they'll realize how fun it'd be and let me play there.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

Mitch, now you can use your speedy new shoes to help mom when your little sister arrives. You can run to get diapers and fun things for her to play with. I just know you will be a good big brother and a big help to mom and dad. Love, Bubbe