Monday, April 20, 2009

Welcome Hazel!

This is the most exciting thing I've gotten to write about in my blog since I was born. My parents got me a little sister! Hazel Isabelle was born on April 18, 2009 at 3:59am. She was 7 lbs 8 oz, 20.1 inches, with a 33cm head size; so much, much bigger than I was at birth. Mom and Dad said she came out hungry and he has been a voracious little eater so far.

Hazel was born the day before Mom's birthday - what a great birthday present. Mom and Dad worked really hard to get out of the hospital on the 19th so we could all spend Mom's birthday together at home. Aunt Lauren, my friend Janie, and my friend Zhenya all helped watch me while Mom and Dad were in the hospital. They did a great job, and I had a lot of fun with them.

Since Hazel's been home, we've gotten to spend a lot of time together. She seems to really look up to me. Although I was a little skeptical Sunday night, after a good night's sleep, today I decided I am definitely interested in watching her too. At dinner tonight, I just kept watching her and laughing. I especially like her feet, which are fun to touch. I am excited to have a little sister. Mom and Dad have their hands full right now with both of us. Dad is taking off work this week, and then Grandma comes into town for a while.

Hazel is not very talkative yet, so she has asked me to do the talking for us. So, we'll be giving updates on both of us through this blog. We are adding a new feature though - the Hazel growth chart on the right side of the blog.

Here are all of the pictures we've taken since Hazel was born.

8 comments:

Aunt Laurie said...

Welcome to the world, Hazel! I can't wait to meet you! I'm so glad Mitch is excited about being a big brother! I love you both!

Love,
Aunt Laurie

Anonymous said...

Very cute...we are excited for everyone and can't wait to meet Hazel.
Love,
Mindy, Steve and Ellie

Bubbe said...

Mitch, Thank you for sending pictures of your baby sister. I can tell you're going to be a good big brother (I noticed your Big Brother t-shirt!) I'm sending kisses to you and to Hazel. Can't wait to see you both (and Mom and Dad too, of course!) Love, Bubbe

Edward said...

Welcome to the world, baby girl. May your life be filled with joy and happiness, and may you achieve all your dreams.

Love,
Popa

Christina said...

She's lovely! Congratulations again, and I can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

Hazel is sweet and lovely. I can hardly wait to see you. Mitch your cute too, your going to be a great big brother. It is a happy arrival for everyone. Welcome Hazel.

Love Oma

susan said...

Hazel is very cute. Loved the picture with her tongue sticking out and the one right after looked like she was smiling. Congratulations on your new baby girl. Cant wait to meet her and see all of you in September.
Love,
Aunt Susan & Uncle Stuart

Sarah Peck said...

Yay! This is so exciting! Lets talk when you have anytime!! (do you have any time?!!)

Love
Sarah!