Monday, August 24, 2009

4 months already?

Today was a big day for Hazel. She had her four month well visit with our new doctor. Hazel has grown a lot. She weighs 12 lbs, 14 ounces (35th percentile); she is 24.5 inches tall (60th percentile); and her head is 39.6 cm (25th percentile) around. Hazel tried to roll from her back to her belly while she was there and almost made it. The doctor said she is growing well and her neck strength is way above average. Yay Hazel!

Here's a link to Hazel's growth chart, or you can click on it on the right side of the blog.

I've had a big week too. Last Tuesday was my last day of camp. Here is a picture one of my great teachers took this summer when I was grilling up some bananas in our classroom. I learned this trick from my book Early Bird.

Anyway, since I don't have camp or school for the time being, Mom has been coming up with new things to keep us busy. We went to a place called Terra Burger, where they have a splash pad, sandboxes and great playscape, last week. I started out in the water before stomping through the mud on the way to the sandbox, which I rolled in. I will share pictures of this with you soon.

We've also been playing in the water at home. We got a cool new hose nozzle and Mom accidentally discovered how much I like being chased around with it. I also like it when she shoots toys out of my hands with the jet setting. It is hilarious. We also have a good time terrorizing Peepa with the spray.

There's even more water in our future - we plan on hitting the pool this week because the doctor told us Hazel is now old enough for the pool and sunscreen. We're super excited because not only can we swim here now, we'll be able to take her in the drink when we visit Bubbe and Papa next week.

Saturday we learned just how important it is to be wet when we're outside, when we enjoyed a morning at the park. We went to Little Stacy to celebrate our friend Elizabeth's third birthday. It was very hot, but I enjoyed running around the whole time we were there.

Because I have been having so much fun exploring the world, I have decided I am no longer going to slow down long enough to take naps. I've been jumping up and down, screaming in my crib whenever Mom and Dad put me in there, and I even learned how to open the crib tent. That'll show 'em! Everyone but me hopes this is a short-lived phase because while I refuse to rest, I am very overtired and crabby.

Another not so great development is we are pretty sure we figured out what I am allergic to - tomatoes. We're all really sad because it's something healthy that I love and it's in just about everything Mom cooks. My skin has been clear now for almost two weeks, so yesterday I had a little ketchup with lunch, just to see if I can get away with a little of it. Sadly, I woke up this morning and the rash/hives are back. So for now, it's no tomatoes for me.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

What an great week you've had! I can tell you have been taking good care of Hazel since she is growing and doing so well. I know you must miss your friends at camp, but It sounds like you and your mom have been finding some fun things to do. Papa and I are so excited about your visit, and can't wait to see you. Love, Bubbe