Saturday, August 1, 2009

She did it!

This has been a week of major happenings around here. The biggest news of all is...Hazel finally did it! She's been trying to roll over for a while and yesterday, while lying in her play gym, she finally made it. I was napping when it happened, but Mom told me all about it. One minute Mom looked at Hazel and thought, "She is really close to rolling over." She looked down at a book she was reading for a minute, and when she looked back up, Hazel was on her belly! Hazel looked pretty shocked for a few minutes, then spit up, then screamed, and when Mom picked her up to nurse her, she immediately fell asleep for a little bit. We are all very excited and proud of Hazel.

I am also up to new tricks. Since climbing/jumping out of my crib a couple of weeks ago, I have suddenly been climbing on everything. I'm getting even faster at walking up the stairs and I have been climbing on all our chairs. My most impressive stunt is climbing up into my booster seat. It is a fun way to tell everyone I am ready to eat, and I can even buckle myself in.

I have really been playing with my new kitchen and all the pretend food, utensils, pots and pans I got for my birthday. I love it so much, we spent our whole day yesterday downstairs. Any time Dad or Mom try to convince me to go someplace else, I scream like a banshee, so we skipped the Parenting Center yesterday and I ate breakfast while playing this morning. One of my favorite things to do is put all the food in the microwave, then put it in my lunch bag that I take to camp. Dad and Mom are glad I am learning to pack my own lunch.

Mom put my favorite CD, Jack Johnson's Curious George soundtrack, on my new mp3 player. Since she did that, I like the mp3 player even more than ever. I have been walking around with it and listening to it while playing with my kitchen. I even take it in the car with me sometimes.

I love camp more than ever. I am really enjoying my new teachers, Joann and Dganit. The first few times, transitioning when Mom left was rough and I really cried until she was gone, but this week went much better. Tuesday when Mom carried me in, Joann came over to us and I reached out to her so she could hold me. Mom was so happy she took lunch to them when she picked me up. They really liked it and asked Mom for the potato curry recipe the next day.

One sort of sad thing that we have been dealing with is I had a terrible rash because I am allergic to something. I went to the doctor Monday, who gave me some medicine and said it's probably a food. We are trying to narrow down what I am eating so we can figure it out, but we think it may be strawberries, blueberries or tomatoes. Papa said he wishes it was liver or something else that tastes yucky. We all agree with him. One good thing is it gave us a chance to meet our new doctor (we switched). She is very nice.

You can see pictures of Hazel and me here.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

Mitch, I can see you are proud of your sister's accomplishment. You're going to be a big help to her. Teach her how to crawl and she can help you cook in your kitchen! I love the pictures of you with your new kitchen--Peepa seems eager to help you with the food! Love, Bubbe