Saturday, August 14, 2010

Party! Party!

I had a really exciting day at school. I didn't go on my usual day, Thursday. Instead, I went for a short day Friday, in honor of my friend Ethan's birthday. His mom arranged a firetruck that drove us around the school parking lot, pizza for lunch and ice cream cake for dessert. I was excited all morning about going. I kept yelling, "Party!" at Mom. When I got there, I wasn't happy about Mom leaving but after she snuck out, I had a blast. Here are some fun photos Ethan's mom took of me on the firetruck.

The other cool thing about Ethan's party was they sent a blue balloon home with me. I like saying "Mitch's baboon" and running around with it. Hazel likes it too.

This week I went to Borders bookstore to use a gift card I got for my birthday. Mom let me pick out any book I wanted, and I chose a Star Wars ABC book. I love it and read it every chance I get. My favorite characters are C3PO and Yoda. I have been running up to Mom at random times yelling random things like "Obi Wan Kenobi!" and running away. It really makes her laugh. Dad is super excited I am such a big Star Wars fan.

Hazel's been busy too.  She's really walking now. In just the past two days, she suddenly wants to walk whenever she can. It's really great and she's taking a few more steps each time. Today she walked almost the whole way across Mom and Dad's big bedroom before she fell over.



The other new thing is Hazel is using the word "no" with relish. It is funny to hear that she has so many opinions, but sometimes it's a lot to keep up with.

Here are some pictures from the past month, and here is a video of Hazel walking.

1 comment:

Bubbe said...

WOW! You look prettyn cool sitting in that fire engine! Hazel looks pretty cool too walking around the house. I noticed she's had a haircut too. You'll have a lot more things you can show her how to do now that she can walk with you. Love, Bubbe