Monday, April 18, 2011

A wild week

Before
We have had a pretty eventful week.

Last weekend was pretty busy. Mom talked me into letting her cut my hair. Here are before and after pictures.

Sunday afternoon we headed downtown to party. Dad was invited to a bash where we found a fun fountain I liked splashing in, a great view of the Colorado River, yummy food, and one of our favorite bands, Matt the Electrician. You may recall one of our first outings after Hazel was born, and our first rock concert, was one of his gigs.

After
Anyway, my buddy Clark and his parents met us there. They brought nice birthday presents for Mom and Hazel and we had cupcakes in honor of Hazel's upcoming second birthday. Hazel had a lot of fun dancing and kept calling the singer of the band Bob Marley.

One of the gifts Clark and his family gave Hazel was a huge bubble wand and a bottle of bubbles. I had a good time rubbing the bubbles all over myself and Clark followed suit.

Monday morning Turner woke up with a fever and Mom had to take him to the hospital. Dad stayed home with Hazel and me, and we were all able to go visit them a few times over the next two days. They came home Wednesday and Turner is okay now. He just picked up a virus or something from one of us.

Once Mom and Turner came home, Hazel had a fever for a few days and Dad was under the weather too (he learned Saturday that he has strep throat). We had to go to the doctor Friday for Turner's follow-up appointment and she checked Hazel out too. The good thing about going to the doctor so much is we have up-to-date info on Turner's growth. Monday he weighed 9 lbs. 9 oz. and Friday was up to 10 lbs. 3 1/2 oz.! He is going a good job getting bigger. He is also starting to lose his hair and his neck is getting a lot stronger.

Since everybody's been sick and Mom had a work deadline Friday, we laid low until Sunday. Hazel's birthday is Monday so we kicked off our day Sunday with a trip to Whole Foods so she could pick out a cake. We thought she wanted cupcakes but she insisted on a chocolate cake with a yellow flower. It was very yummy when we ate it Sunday night and she called it a cupcake anyway, so she had the best of both worlds.

We were planning on having friends over to celebrate but ended up canceling that so we wouldn't make them sick. But Hazel still got to open her presents Sunday since we will be at Passover seders the next two nights.

Grandma and Grandpa sent her a Tag of her very own and lots of books, which we both are very excited about. Aunt Laurie and Uncle Jonathan sent her a Sit n Spin, which she loves. Mom and Dad gave her a bunch of boring stuff -- books, clothes and a few little toys -- and a t-shirt with her favorite singer, Bob Marley, on it.

Otherwise, we have been up to our usual. I grew some beans from seeds at school and brought them home last week, so Mom and I planted them in a pot. At the end of the week I told Mom I wanted to go outside and watch them grow. Everyone else was napping so we took the opportunity to spend a little one-on-one time outside looking at the beans, blowing bubbles and playing with Mom's camera. It was a gorgeous day outside and nice to spend time with each other.

Hazel and I are still saying very funny things to Mom each day. One day while Mom was nursing Turner, Hazel said, "Turner's eating! Turner's eating Mommy!"

I told Mom I don't want to share a room with Turner. Hazel's been trying to kiss him a lot lately and I have been kissing Hazel a lot. There's tons of love (and germs) going around at Chez Cone.

Today I went into the bathroom to wash my hands and was laughing and running water for a while so Mom came to check on me. When she came in, the sink was overflowing with bubbles and I was cracking up. Lucky for me, Mom came in instead of Dad and she cracked up too.

To see photos of our latest adventures, click here.

1 comment:

Raggle said...

Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous family. xx