Saturday, May 2, 2009

My first rock concert

The rest of Grandma's trip this week was very fun. Thursday was pretty exciting. When she and Mom picked me up from school, they got there just in time for a fire drill. When Mom walked in the building, the alarm went off so she went outside with Grandma, who was taking Hazel for a walk. Lucky for me (and my teachers, who really had their hands full with me and my friends) they walked the same way we went out, so I got to hang out with them while we waited to go back inside. It was all very exciting. Friday was fun too. We went shoe shopping for Mom and Grandma bravely took me and Peepa for a walk. Peepa gave Grandma a hard time, but I was on my best behavior, as always.

Saturday was best of all though. Saturday morning, we all went to a fair at a place I may someday go to school. It was fantastic - Hazel and I got to go to our first rock concert because one of Mom and Dad's favorite musicians, Matt the Electrician, was playing there. Mom and Dad were really surprised because since they last saw him play, he grew a long beard. You can see him behind me in this picture. He played a lot of songs we really like though, so that was nice, and I was happy for a chance to tap my fingers and dance. Grandma got a round of applause for her hand jive, which she performed during one of the songs since no one was available to tap dance. Another highlight of the day was I got to check out a firetruck with Mom, watch kids ride on a train, and play with blocks with Dad. It was a great morning, until we had to say goodbye to Grandma. She had to go back to Grandpa today. We already miss her.

Aside from our concert, Hazel has had a pretty big week. Dad tried out his infamous "Daddy hold," on her, and he and Grandma also fed her from a bottle. Hazel's arms, which we've been affectionately calling her chicken wings, are straightening out and she seems like she's really growing. I guess we'll find out when she goes to her two-week doctor's appointment Monday.

It's supposed to be a stormy, rainy week, so Saturday afternoon we all took advantage of today's dry weather and took a long walk. Mom said everybody and their brother came - me, Hazel, Mom, Peepa and Dad. We took the school bus, our double stroller, for its second spin. Mom and Dad say it is getting easier since they read the instructions and learned to use it properly.

The end of this week was kind of fun in the tub, with a couple of new twists. Friday night I tried washing my face all by myself for the first time and Saturday night Dad gave me a fun bubble bath. Although I've taken bubble baths plenty of times before, I was especially into it this time, which we all thought was funny. I really played with the bubbles and when Mom told me to put the bubbles on my belly, I did it. Dad said she tricked me into washing myself.

You can see pictures from the whole week here.

No comments: