Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hey from PA! (Guest post from Turner!)

On June 13, we all got up early to head to the airport.

Some of us got up earlier than others. Mitch knew we were planning on leaving around 6:30 or 7, and woke Mom up at 4:30 telling her he was up early to take her to the airport.

When we got there, Mom and I said goodbye to Dad, Hazel and Mitch and took off for our adventure to visit Grandma and Grandpa, all our relatives, and cooler weather in Pennsylvania.

Our flight went okay. I slept for an hour at the beginning of the first leg of the flight, and was reasonable the rest of the way. Grandma and Grandpa picked us up in Baltimore and once we arrived at their house, I burned off some energy playing in the sandbox with Grandma and Uncle Daniel and chasing their big dog Bruiser across the back yard. No one could believe I could crawl so far! I felt free!

We celebrated with dinner at the Tropical Treat, with Uncle Daniel, Aunt Lauren and Uncle Ryan. Aunt Lauren had to wake me up because I finally gave up my fight against sleep in the car on the way there. After a little food, we went back to the house and I had a good night sleep.


Thursday was a big day. Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Daniel and our cousins Amy and Mianna went back to Baltimore to see some big ships and the National Aquarium at Inner Harbor. As usual, I really liked watching the fish. Mom thought the shark tank was neat. We all liked watching the dolphins swim and jump around, and Mom remembered the rain forest from when she was a little girl. I also liked my ride -- Uncle Daniel's back. It was a great day, which we again topped off with some more of Mom's favorite PA food, Rocco's.

We took it a little easier Friday. Grandpa took Mom and me to Gettysburg to visit my great grandpa, Pop. I was excited to see him but sleep finally won our battle and I slept through the whole visit. I hear Mom Mom and Aunt Jane were there too. Mom was really happy to see everyone.


Mianna hung out with us Friday and I stayed with Grandma and Grandpa for more backyard crawling action while Mom had a haircut. Friday night Mom and Grandma spent some time out together and I had some quality time with Grandpa and Bruiser. Everybody had a good time, especially Bruiser, who cleaned my head with his tongue!

Saturday Mom and I headed out to a farmer's market in York with Aunt Lauren. I slept through most of breakfast, but really enjoyed looking around the market afterward. That afternoon we met up with Uncle Daniel at the New Oxford Flea Market, which Mom remembered from the good old days. We had another exciting evening when Mom Mom, Aunt Jane, Amy and Mianna came back for another fun visit.

Mom was excited to spend a laid back Sunday morning with her daddy and Grandma. Since Father's Day was Sunday, we went home to Austin to celebrate with Dad.

It was a great trip! I liked experiencing the single child life and Mom said she had fun laughing so much. We were happy to come home to Daddy, Mitchell and Hazel too. I hear they had a fun adventure while we were gone.

No comments: