Monday, June 11, 2012

School's out!

My first year at Caraway wrapped up at the end of May with a bang.

The week before school let out, we had a field day. We played games and spent a lot of time outside. It was very fun. I came home from school with a tatoo of our school's mascot, an owl.

Another highlight was my class was part of a big dance put on for some of the parents. We've been working all year with fifth graders who volunteered to work with us to put on this production. There were many kids, and it was pretty chaotic, but Mom was really proud of how we all did.

The day before school let out, we had splash day with our PE teacher. I had to wear my bathing suit to school and while we were running over to school, late as always, Mom was putting sunscreen all over me. We had pools, sprinklers and slip 'n slides. It was fantastic and nice that my teachers put so much work into making sure we have lots of fun.

We will miss everyone this summer, and we're looking forward to seeing them in the fall.

In the meantime, my head teacher from Caraway spent one of her first days of summer vacation helping me transition to the school I will attend two mornings a week this summer. A few days later, I started there and had a great first week last week. My first day, I said my favorite things were playing outside and putting together a state puzzle. Mom and Dad are really grateful to my teacher for helping me ease into things, and we are all very happy that I love my new school so much!

No comments: