Saturday, June 30, 2012

Take Me Out To The Ballgame!

Another guest post, this time from Hazel:

Its baseball season again!  Just like last season, Dad took me to the Round Rock Express game with our friends Clark and Ken on Friday night.  Mitch, Turner, and Mom went out with Zhenya and had their own adventure.

Just like last year, Dad was super impressed with how well I paid attention to the game.  We had seats right behind the dugout, almost on the field, and I watched just about every pitch.  Unlike last year, I started understanding a little bit more about the rules.  Like, I understood that there were two teams, and the team we were rooting for was in white.  I knew that the umpires dress in black.  During one point in the game, I asked Dad why everyone was booing at the umpire, and he said it was because the umpire made a mistake.  I said they should get a better umpire.  And, I understood what the bases were and that players were trying to hit home runs.  Unfortunately, no one hit a home run on Friday.  In fact, there wasn't much scoring at all.  But that's okay, it was a very close game and exciting until the end.  I brought my pink baseball glove, but didn't catch any baseballs.

A few other differences from last year.  I am using the potty now, so Dad didn't have to change any diapers. And, I ate part of a giant pretzel.  Also, the loud PA system scared me, but the nice lady at guest services gave me some ear plugs that fixed that for me.  She also gave me a temporary tattoo with a picture of the doggy mascot that I put on my hand.  I also enjoyed watching the mascots a lot this year.  Clark and I sat next to each other and Clark was great at sharing.  He gave me some of his snacks, and he even shared a game ball that he grabbed.

Once again, the fireworks at the end of the game may have been my favorite part.  I was really glad I had the earplugs for that. It was a late night, but Dad and I had a blast.  We have tickets for two more games later this summer - we might try to talk Mom and Mitch into coming with us.


1 comment:

Bubbe said...

I loved Hazel's blog. Glad to hear she had such a good time at the game. Maybe she'll be a ball player one day! Hope you had fun with Turner and Mom

Love, Bubbe