Sunday, June 3, 2012

A visit with Aunt Lauren and Uncle Ryan

May was so crazy busy, by the time my parents could sit down to help me write this, we were all too tired to do it. So we're a little behind.

The biggest thing that happened in May was an end-of-the-month visit from Aunt Lauren and Uncle Ryan. They were here for a whole week!

Aunt Lauren and Uncle Ryan's flight came in at night, after we went to bed. I knew they'd be here when I got up, and I was super excited to see therm, so I went down to wake them up. Hazel argued with me that 6:45 was too early and the sun wasn't out yet, but I told them all it was time to start the day.

Dad thinks the funniest part of this was that Hazel was yelling at me, right by their bed at full volume, not to wake them up. Whatever, it was my job to wake them up and I did it really well every day.

They had a list of things they wanted to do in Austin and we showed them some of our favorite haunts.

One thing we focused on was food. We took them to (or at least told them about) some of the best restaurants in Austin.

We had brunch at Kerbey Lane, lunched at some food trailers on South First (including the best one of all, Bananarchy), and had delicious food from the can't miss Chuy's and Rudy's, just to name a few.

Mom and Dad had a chance to escape with Aunt Lauren and Uncle Ryan a couple of times during the visit. They played a lot of games and just hung out a few nights, which Mom and Dad really liked.

One night Mom met up with them downtown at the Continental Club, where they watched Toni Price belt out some tunes. Rumor has it, they hit Amy's Ice Cream afterwards, but that was after my bedtime, so I can't verify the story.

Turner's teacher, Miss Kimberly, came over to stay with us one evening while Mom and Dad both went out with them to Hula Hut, Mozart's and the Drought House. We like Miss Kimberly a lot. She stayed with Hazel and me when Turner was born.

Saturday was the best day of all. Mom, Hazel, Turner and I went to San Antonio with Aunt Lauren and Uncle Ryan to show them the Children's Museum, the Alamo and the Riverwalk.

We had a really good time. We had so much fun, I had to ask to leave the museum when I'd had enough. When we got back to Austin, we hit Central Market and ended the visit with a night of grilling great food.

We were all sad to see them head off Sunday morning and hope they aren't too tired to come back again soon.

Click here for photos from our visit.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

We had so much fun with you and your family, and we miss you all so much!
Love, Aunt Lauren & Uncle Ryan