Saturday, December 21, 2013

More lights

Today was another fun Winter Break day. I woke up early and let Dad sleep in. When Turner got up, I fed him a healthy breakfast of graham crackers. Mom called at 7am to get Dad out of bed. I answered the phone and talked to Mom for a while. I passed the phone to Hazel and Turner. We agreed that it was nice to talk to Mom.

After Dad got up and gave us breakfast, we got ready to go to the park. But it started to rain pretty hard, so we decided to stay in and read instead. Dad put on the Kentucky basketball game and we all watched it for a while. I kept everyone up-to-date on the score by telling everyone how much each team was ahead or behind. It was fun watching the game together. We ate lunch while watching the game. We didn't get to finish watching the game, though, because I had swim class.

Since it was just Dad, we all went to my swim class. I did really well. Turner sat on Dad's lap the whole time and watched me. He even clapped for me when I did well. Hazel said she was proud of how well I did. We were all very tired when we got home and all four of us took a nice long nap.

When we woke up, we helped Dad make a delicious and healthy dinner and headed out to look at more lights. This time we went to Austin's 37th street, which always has a bunch of nice house lights. Hazel and Turner liked the houses with Snowmen and Candy Canes.  We all agreed that the house with lots of sock monkeys was the best.

It was another late night for us, so we went to bed without much fuss. Dad says we are in for another fun day tomorrow.

No comments: