Monday, December 23, 2013

Winter Ice Cream

Today Dad took us to a tour at the Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory in Brenham, Texas.

Before that, you may remember that I lost a tooth yesterday and asked the tooth fairy for $15.30. When I woke up this morning, I found this note.

I did not get $15.30, though the tooth fairy did leave me a dollar, a neat book that I wanted, and some instructions on how to (eventually) get 15 dollars.  Oh well.

After the tooth excitement, it was time to head down to the Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory.  We all did very well on the drive down there, listening to some songs Dad put together for the drive.

There were about 16 people in our tour group, but we liked the tour guide and always stayed at the front so we could see everything. I really liked watching the pipes on the factory floor, while Hazel liked looking at them putting all the ingredients in. Turner just wanted to eat the ice cream, which we all got to do at the end of the tour. Dad also brought lunch for us. Hazel thought it was hilarious that we got to eat our ice cream before our lunch.

Hazel and Turner fell asleep on the car ride home while I intently watching the road to make sure Dad and the GPS knew where we were going.

Tonight we had a nice dinner and then movie night.  Each of us got to pick out a short movie clip to watch. Turner picked out to Schoolhouse Rock, Hazel picked out a Huckle cat video, and I picked out a duckling story.

No comments: