Thursday, December 26, 2013

Welcome Home Mom!

Today was a big day - Mom was finally coming home!

When we woke up, we all stared longingly at the gingerbread house that we made yesterday. We wanted to eat it, but we also wanted to wait and share it with Mom. Oh, it was so hard to wait.

We passed the time reading and cleaning up the house a little bit. After naptime, we went to the airport to pick up Mom.  Hooray!

She was really happy to see us and gave us lots of hugs. She also brought us a few presents - an Animal doll and some peanut butter balls. We sat down to dinner together for as a whole family for the first time in over a week, and when dinner was over, we finally, finally got to eat our gingerbread house. Yum - it was worth the wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey with your little family while you were at Jens. Could send me Jens address so I can send a little gift for our new great niece!

Anonymous said...

This is Aunt Carolyn and not sure what I am doing with comments on blogs. I would like Jens address. I just sent a previous comment as anonymous because I didn't know what to choose.